FINANCE LINKED INDIVIDUAL SUBSIDY PROGRAMME
The Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme (FLISP) is an instrument that assists qualifying households by providing a once-off down payment to those households who have secured mortgage finance to acquire a residential property for the first time.
To qualify, an applicant should:
- Earn between R3 501 to R15 000.
- Have secured an approved home loan.
- Be a South African citizen with a valid Identity Document, or be a permanently resident with a permanent residence permit.
- Not have qualified for a government housing subsidy before.
- Not have owned a fixed residential property before.
- Be competent to contract - over 18 years, or legally married or legally divorced, and of sound mind.
- Be married or cohabiting, or be single with financial dependents.